Man sought over horror deaths of young mum and two kids in Dublin presents himself to gardai
The man is now helping officers with their enquiriesi
A man sought in connection with the horror deaths of a young mum and her two kids in Dublin has presented himself at a garda station.
The man is now helping officers with their enquiries.
The horror discovery was made at Llewellyn Court, Ballinteer, shortly before 12pm on Wednesday.
The Irish Mirror understands that the victims, a woman aged 37, a girl, 11 and a boy, six, suffered violent deaths.
Gardai are treating the three deaths as suspicious and are following a definite line of inquiry, with the house where the bodies were found earlier being designated a crime scene.
It is understood the deceased children would sometimes go to school with other neighbours.
Residents in Llewellyn Court and nearby streets were in a state of shock Wednesday.
Many locally did not know the deceased as it is believed the family had been renting the house for less than a year.
Neighbours said the children would rarely be seen playing in the street, but would sometimes be heard in the back garden.
“It’s awful, terrible,” a resident of Llewellyn Park said.
“We wouldn’t know them at all. We’ll put a few flowers down in coming days.
“We’d see the children out the back garden a few times.”
Superintendent Paul Reidy from Blackrock Garda Station gave a brief press conference at the scene.
He said: “Gardai were called here this afternoon to the scene where we discovered three fatalities, an adult female and two children aged 11 and six years of age.
“We immediately conducted an investigation. We’ve called on the services of the state pathologist and a full technical examination is being conducted.
“The scene has been preserved.
“We’re treating the deaths as unexplained at the moment.”