Man faces trial for allegedly ‘flashing’ at teen girls in park
Ahmed Yagoub told gardaí ‘I didn’t do it’, court heard. Photo: Frank McGrath
December 04 2020 02:30 AM
A man has been sent for trial charged with sexually assaulting young women and exposing himself to girls in a Dublin park.
Ahmed Yagoub (56) is accused of grabbing one alleged victim and performing a sex act on himself in front of other teenagers in three separate incidents in the same public park.
He had a book of evidence served on him at Dublin District Court.
Judge Paula Murphy sent him for trial to Dublin Circuit Criminal Court.
Mr Yagoub, of The Crescent, Millbrook Lawns, Tallaght, is facing four charges.
He is accused of sexual assault on a 19-year-old woman last July 11 and offensive sexual conduct after allegedly following two 16-year-old girls into the park on June 26.
He is also charged with assaulting two young women in the park on July 4.
The judge gave him the formal warning that he had 14 days to provide any alibi evidence.
She granted free legal aid after defence barrister John Griffin said the accused’s financial circumstances had not changed since his last court appearance.
Mr Griffin said there was a number of child complainants. There were notices of evidence regarding video recordings of statements by the children.
The court previously heard Mr Yagoub replied “I didn’t do it” and “I didn’t do anything” to the first two charges.
Garda Sgt Fiona Clifford said that on June 26, two 16-year-olds were allegedly followed by a man into the park, where they saw him masturbating.
The court heard the accused told gardaí he saw the girls in a shop and he was in the park but suggested he may have been urinating.
On July 11, two friends aged 19 and 17 went to go to the toilet in some bushes.
The 19-year-old noticed a man behind her, and when she pulled up her trousers he allegedly grabbed her by the buttocks then pinched her between her legs over her clothes.
The friends saw the man had his genitals exposed.
Mr Yagoub told gardaí he denied any sexual offence, the court heard.
No details of the July 4 allegations have yet been heard.