SPACEY IN COURT
Kevin Spacey to face British court this WEEK after being charged with 4 sex attacks on 3 me
- 16:52, 13 Jun 2022
- Updated: 16:56, 13 Jun 2022
OSCAR-winning actor Kevin Spacey will appear in the dock on Thursday charged with five offences.
The star is accused of committing sexual assaults against three men.
Prosecutors allege four the incidents happened between 2005 and 2008 in London. The final allegation is said to have happened in 2013 in Gloucestershire.
Spacey was charged after a probe was launched by the Met Police in 2017.
Cops said today that the star, 62, is due to appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Thursday morning.
A spokesperson from the Met said: “Kevin Spacey Fowler has been formally charged today with four counts of sexual assault against three men.
“He has also been charged with causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.”
Rosemary Ainslie, head of the CPS Special Crime Division, said: “The CPS has authorised criminal charges against Kevin Spacey, 62, for four counts of sexual assault against three men.
“He has also been charged with causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.
“The charges follow a review of the evidence gathered by the Metropolitan Police in its investigation.
“The Crown Prosecution Service reminds all concerned that criminal proceedings against Mr Spacey are active and that he has the right to a fair trial.”
It comes after a file was passed to the Crown Prosecution Service last April.
American Beauty star Spacey was interviewed under caution by the Met in 2019.
He wasn’t arrested, but spoke to officers about a number of allegations.
London’s Old Vic theatre, where Spacey was an artistic director from 2004 to 2015, apologised after revealing it had received allegations of inappropriate behaviour.
Theatre bosses said a “cult of personality” had contributed to the organisation’s failings.
Spacey has denied all allegations against him.
‘I’LL DEFEND MYSELF’
Police in London launched a probe over sex harassment claims during the star’s time at the Old Vic.
The CPS authorised the charges against him in May, although the actor could only be formally charged when he returned to Britain.
Speaking to Good Morning America last month, Spacey said: “While I am disappointed with their decision to move forward, I will voluntarily appear in the UK as soon as can be arranged and defend myself against these charges, which I am confident will prove my innocence.”
Spacey was stripped of an International Emmy Award in the wake of the allegations.
His central character in acclaimed Netflix series House of Cards was also killed off after he was axed from the show.