Mc Mahon, wont be Playing Golf, for some time, until he is Cleared? Then Full Swing Ahead, Four, Get the head Down?

Posted by
See the source image

FRAUD ACCUSED 

Ex-golf tournament operator charged over alleged six-figure fraud granted bail after relative pays

  • 20:25, 15 Aug 2022
  • Updated: 20:25, 15 Aug 2022

AN ex-golf tournament operator charged over a six-figure fraud was granted bail yesterday.

David McMahon, 41, was arrested at Dublin Airport on Thursday last week.

David McMahon, 41
David McMahon, 41

He was lifted on foot of six warrants dating back to last September.

He is alleged to have committed dishonest inducement by deception involving sums that range from €30,000 to €600,000.

Yesterday it emerged that he had caught Covid and would not appear in court as planned.

But Det Sgt Ernest Henderson told Cork District Court that McMahon made no reply when the six charges were put to him in Tralee Garda Station in the early hours of last Friday.

Some of the charges relate to claims of dishonestly inducing bank managers to lodge money to Premier Irish Golf Tours Ltd’s account in 2018.

Defence solicitor Padraig O’Connell applied to Judge Colm Roberts for bail and said that a relative was willing to provide an independent surety of €5,000 and a further bond of €5,000.

After checking with the relative, the judge granted the request and applied a number of conditions.

They include McMahon signing on daily at Tralee Garda Station, obeying a curfew from 11pm to 6am and agreeing to reside at the family home in Ashgrove, Ballyvelly, Tralee, Co Kerry.

He was bailed until his next court appearance before Tralee District Court 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s