CRIME WORLD |
Crime World Long Read: The story of Gerry ‘The Monk’ Hutch (Part 2: The education of a criminal)
Nicola Tallant introduces this four-part story about blood bonds, bitter feuds and shocking betrayal
Today at 12:16
THIS is the story of Gerry ‘The Monk’ Hutch, from his early days as a young hoodlum through to his astonishing acquittal in the Special Criminal Court for the murder of David Byrne at the Regency Hotel.
How did this quiet-spoken man from Dublin’s north inner-city become one of the most notorious figures in Irish criminal history?
And how did he end up on trial for murder and why did he walk free?
This is a four-part story about blood bonds, bitter feuds and shocking betrayal. It’s a story about the changing face of Dublin, and the pursuit of justice – in the courts and on the streets.
Crime World Podcast can be found on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts and Soundcloud.
MORE EPISODES –
- Crime World Long Read: The story of Gerry ‘The Monk’ Hutch (Part 1: The double cross)
- Episode 274: The Hutch Gang and the ‘Dirty Dozen’ behind the Regency hit
- Episode 273: Gerry ‘The Monk’ Hutch walks free after Regency murder trial
- Episode 272: D-Day in Gerry ‘The Monk’ Hutch’s murder trial
- Episode 271: What do Kerry locals think about the tragic case of Baby John?
- Episode 270: Super-cartel kingpin Ridouan Taghi and the final days of ‘The Marengo trial’